[ExI] Dark Matter

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:12:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2013 10:23 AM, "Kelly Anderson" <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >> Cool thanks Kelly.  It might be possible to transport the biomass using
> seawater somehow,
> >

> > Only if you can desalinate it first. And if you do that, Los Angeles
> will want to drink it. And when Los Angeles wants water, Lolita gets water!
>
> Indeed, a more viable product for all this electricity might well be
> simple desalinated water.  At least if the energy production was near the
> coast.

Correct. The problem now being that land near the coast in sunny areas is
expensive. Spike's solution took advantage of existing infrastructure
(i-50) that is underutilized and of low value, that happens to be in an
area with a lot of sun. Also an area where people don't generally want to
live, I might add.

> That doesn't require radical new technology.  In fact, it's somewhat
> boring.  But if you could make the numbers work, it would be a viable first
> step toward this sort of scheme.  Further, this step could quite readily
> attract large private investment - if and only if the data and projections
> are believable to said investors.

Correct. And I don't think you can make the numbers work for Solar today. I
would love to be proven wrong, as I love solar in principle. I still think
putting up that many solar panels would likely kill as many people as
Chernobyl... LOL

-Kelly