[ExI] The Republican Party Isn't Really the Anti-Science Party

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:02:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Be kind to Republicans John, they may soon run your government.

If in January Republican troglodytes continue to throw their feces at
economic logic and behave as they did in October I have 3 predictions:

1) The approval rating of congress will drop even lower than its current 9%
and Republicans will loose control of the House in the next election.

2) The level of stupidity displayed in October was so enormous that it even
started to scare rich people like the Koch brothers (who said defaulting on
the debt would be a disaster), so if they see a repeat performance in
January money to Republican crazies will dry up.

3) No Republican will ever be president again.

> Our government set up a huge Ponzi scheme; eventually it has to
> collapse.

That could happen in 30 or 40 years but only if one takes the pessimistic
assumption that future productivity will be no greater  than what it is
now, and I like most Extropians am not pessimistic in that regard.

> It is doing that now.

For as long as I've been alive I've been hearing that government bankruptcy
is imminent, but except for the imbecilic Republican stunt on October 23
2013 I never saw any evidence that it was actually going to happen. And I'm
not the only one, the free market can't find any evidence that the
government is about to go broke either, hence the anemic performance of
gold and the insatiable demand for government bonds even at historic low
interest rates.

  John K Clark