[ExI] Single-hand touch typing in Ender's Game

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 20:07:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Odell Huff <odellhuff2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the (enthralling!) movie, Ender types complete-sentence emails with one
> hand on a touch screen. Does this technology actually exist, or could it?

I have composed some of my recent emails to this list on a touch screen
with one hand - indeed, with two fingers, sometimes just one.  This did not
take any special software; this was just using the standard GMail app with
the standard Android in-screen keyboard.  I have used in-screen keyboards
on iOS as well.

Perhaps the UI could be improved to increase typing speed (including
reducing typos that need to be corrected, lowering speed), but what you
have described exists, and is readily available today.