[ExI] [tp] Thiel, Anissimov and Neo-reactionary Monarchism

ddraig ddraig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 02:57:08 UTC 2013

On 27 November 2013 04:48, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> We get unnecessarily tangled up in racys and archys today, monarchy,
> aristocracy, anarchy, yakkity-yak-acy, and bla-blarchy, but at the end of
> the day, the guy with the money is the ruler, and the guy with the
> technology has the money, so everything melts down to technocracy.

The problem with you technophiles is you have no idea about history or
real-world politics.  Traditionally, Spike, the most vicious and cunning
winds up at the top, and he then hires or coerces the one with the
technology.  If you applied your ideas to entire cultures, then, yes, the
one with the technology wins (bronze, iron, stirrups, guns, free market
capitalism) but the people at the top aren't always the ones with the
technology, they are invariably the most politically adept (Stalin vs
Trotsky).  Big, big difference.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/security.png

Dwayne
--
  ddraig at pobox.com irc.bluesphereweb.com #dna
         ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...