[ExI] Meditations on the million year mind.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Oct 9 15:56:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 08:38:06AM -0700, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> Cryonics/plastination is a gamble, in case uploading (or coalescence, as
> you suggest) is not available before we die.  Not all gambles pay off - but

We all are playing one game: russian roulette. The outcome for
that is certain: information-theoretic death. Several people
on this list, who all hoped that uploading will become available
are now carbon dioxide. Frankly, you're next. Nobody has made
out of here alive, yet.

If you want to improve your chances, help support policy and
methods which allow you to evade that fate. Unless you're
actually doing research in animal scanning and modelling,
godspeed with that.