[ExI] Positive yield in nuclear fusion

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Wed Oct 9 15:44:37 UTC 2013

<http://www.llnl.gov/news/newsreleases/2013/Aug/NR-13-08-04.html>

"The yield was significantly greater than the
energy deposited in the hot spot by the implosion."

I am cautiously delighted. For the importance of
this milestone. For how long it's been coming.

And because it's in the family. This was achieved at LLNL.

• Where the competing approach, magnetic fusion,
had been pioneered by my mother's boyfriend when
I was a kid. Which I was part of for five years
at the National Magnetic Fusion Energy Computer Center.

• In a project led by our former pediatrician's husband.

Hot damn. So to speak.

-- David.