[ExI] Tap tap..Hello? Is this thing on? (Or Zombie Apocalypse!)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 10 08:19:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 01:47:42AM +0100, Anders Sandberg wrote:

> People in most western democracies are sceptical of government
> programs from the wrong side of the aisle. But they rarely fear them
> or go out of the way to obstruct them like in the US. Germans might
> complain loudly against Energiewende and we Swedes had a long

The Energiewende is actually still extremely popular (76% can
imagine to make their own power), despite plenty
of sniper work from the side of the government to discredit it.

http://www.heise.de/tp/blogs/2/155086

tl;dr Energiewende is not a government thing, and it only
happened *despite* the government