[ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 12 23:02:20 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:28 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE:
Euthanasia

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> They are not going to default John.

>.They are unless House Republicans learn to become potty trained in the
next 6 days or so.John k Clark

Johnny, be of good cheer me lad.  They aren't going to shut down the
government.  It is all political posturing.  Here's why I think so.  Both
sides, and particularly the Tea Party, have the option of the Obi Wan Kenobi
defense.  Prediction: they will take it right up to about midnight on the
16th, then pass a clean continuing resolution with no strings attached,
which is what the president and the senate are demanding.

The message the Tea Party gets to send is: OK, you guys have two seats of
power, or possibly 2.5 seats, and you demonstrated you are willing to shut
down the government to keep this turd sandwich of a law called ObamaCare.
OK, we aren't willing to shut down the government to stop it, but you are.
So this is all yours, all of it, enjoy.

John, if O-care fails, don't you think someone should be held accountable?
If it succeeds, shouldn't someone be rewarded?  Doesn't that seem fair?

The Tea Party has seen the disastrous roll-out of the O-care site.  They
have gone on HealthCare.gov and they have seen what happens.  (Go ahead, do
it.)  The Tea Party believes this whole scheme will fail catastrophically
and will cause a lot of damage on its way down.  So they are currently
making sure they go on record and getting plenty of attention as the party
opposed to it.  Why shouldn't they, if they are expressing their beliefs?
Any why shouldn't their opposition stand up for their beliefs as well?  They
should in both cases.

That is all it is, really.  A deal will be made on the 16th.  The stock
market agrees.  If you dislike the Tea Party and you think O-care will
succeed, then be of good cheer, for when O-care works out, those ugly Tea
Party guys will go away and will lose big in November 14.  If O-care fails
of course, then we can be sure the Tea Party will remind us early and often
what happened in these three weeks in October.  If that happens, they will
surely do quite well in the November 2014 elections.  If you believe O-care
will work, be of good cheer, for you have nothing to worry about and the
future is bright.

I know what is actually going on here, and I am not worried.

Are you worried?  Why?