[ExI] [Bulk] Re: eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 17:55:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> It's stupid to smoke around an open gasoline tank. Even if you know it's
> going to blow anyway, at some point.

Yes, it's one thing to know you're going to die, it's another to know
you're going to die on Thursday.

> The US health costs are now some 18% of GDP, while many go uninsured.

Yes.

This is ridiculously bad, and obviously unsustainable.

Yes.

> It is one of the most inefficient health systems in the world

No not one of the most, it is THE  most inefficient health system in the
world.

> how about the bloody wars and domestic "security" and surveillance
> racket? And interest on debt? The prison industry, the result of war on
> some drugs? The education bubble? Sinking your money into domestic fossil
> hole in the ground instead
> of renewable?

Those are all serious long term problems, but....

> This is what you should be up in the arms again.

I guess, it's just that right at this minute my long range planing and
concerns don't extend much beyond Thursday.

> > Don't buy into staged fights between two wings of the same party.

I hope it's a stage fight because that would imply a script exists, but I
think its like a toddler playing with a loaded automatic pistol and the
Republicans don't know what they're doing or how dangerous it is.

  John K Clark