[ExI] Tap tap..Hello? Is this thing on? (Or Zombie Apocalypse!)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 03:17:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Omar Rahman <rahmans at me.com> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:45:17 -0400
> From: Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Tap tap..Hello? Is this thing on? (Or Zombie
> Apocalypse!)
>
> (I wrote)
>
> Congress gave the president
>
> about 99% of the money he needs to run the government. The president
> refused to run the government, and shut it down. He could have taken
> the money and done his job but refused to.
>
> Do you agree that the president shut down the government?
>

> Omar wrote:
>
> In a word; no.
>

> You said, "Congress gave the president about 99% of the money he needs to
> run the government." This is just plain wrong.
>
> Congress is a bicameral legislature and it failed to pass an appropriations
> bill. The president had nothing to sign or veto, hence the president didn't
> shut down the government.

### The House of Representatives passed the appropriations bill. You
could claim that Mr Reid, who is the Senate Democrat leader, shut down
the government by refusing to confirm the House bill. This would be
fail to adequately describe reality - Mr Reid would not act in this
way without approval from Mr Obama. Hence, Mr Obama, in concert with
Mr Reid and other Democrats, shut down the government.
----------------

> What is far more likely to happen, as pointed to by the repeated use of the
> phrase "full faith and confidence of the government of the United States" by
> the president, is that this will reach a crisis level equal to that of a
> "national emergency" and the president will then be able to use "emergency
> powers" to resolve the standoff.

### In other words, as soon as democratic procedure does not yield
what you personally want, you wish to have a dictator ("elected" in a
rigged vote) take over. The wishes of others need not be heeded.

--------------
I am also quoting a bit more of your post:

> I'm guessing that even the most fanatical, racist, and fascist elements of
> the Tea Party will cave in before then. They should be called the Koolaid
> Party because they really seem to have 'drunk the koolaid'.

and:

> In general; "He of the Orange glow and Weepy eyes" afraid of the "Brethren
> of Koolaid" who made loud 'ugg ugg' for many time in the place of 50 clan
> chiefs. Great sky spirt X, Y, and Z has revealed to the Brethren of Koolaid
> that most harmful thing for people is 'healthcare' and best thing for people
> is big more guns. Now the Brethren of Koolaid make loud 'ugg ugg' in all
> place and no give gold rocks to nobody never nohow nowhen nowhy. NO  NO NO!
> UGG UGG!
>
> Until Main Street, Wall Street, and K Street finally have had enough and
> kick them right where they will say 'UGG uggg uggggg....'
>
> Are we clear?

### What is clear to me is that you have a tendency to deride people
who disagree with you in a very crude, contemptuous manner. I can only
hold up the example of other members of the list for you to learn
from. Have you ever seen e.g. Anders behave like you? This explains
why you are so comfortable with running roughshod over the wishes of
others - if they are fascist troglodytes, why should anyone care?

Live and learn.