[ExI] [Bulk] Re: eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:18:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the doom mood.

I do.

> Obviously, there is no possibility of Republicans causing as USG default.

I hope you're right but every time I figure they can't possibly be that
stupid the Republicans prove me wrong.

> The government has all the money it needs to keep paying its debts, since
> tax receipts
> continue.

That's what scares me, I think you sincerely believe that is true, and I
think the Republicans and the millions of voters that put them into office
sincerely believe it also, but no reputable economist on the planet does.
Sincerity is a vastly overrated virtue and if you want to watch a infant
playing with a loaded handgun just turn on C-span.

Money is a very abstract thing and it only has value because people think
it does, and they think it does because people have faith that the
government will keep it's word and pay it's bills when it says it will. If
that faith is eroded, as it will be very very soon unless action is taken,
it will be catastrophic. Forget about global warming in the next century,
worry about what the world will be like one month from today if the
Republicans get their way.

  John K Clark