[ExI] Who wants to live forever? Maybe you can...

Max More max at maxmore.com
Fri Oct 18 21:03:04 UTC 2013

Kriorus is not going to cryopreserve you for $10K. I believe that price
does not include various additional costs involved in getting you to them.
>From the US to Russia would be quite a bit extra. If you want a standby
(very important!), stabilization, and prompt transport you would have to
make additional arrangements (if that's possible) at further cost.

I'm pretty sure it's correct to say that Kriorus has nothing like Alcor's
Patient Care Trust Fund. They couldn't, with prices that low. That means
they have no money dedicated to keeping you cryopreserved. I believe they
are entirely dependent on sufficient new business to keep them in operation
and their patients in storage. If they keep growing fast enough, perhaps
that could work. If not, it will not be sustainable.

Kelly, I presume you know that you can use life insurance to pay for
cryopreservation? You can get a neurocryopreservation with Alcor for $80K
(which includes standby, stabilization, and transport). If you already have
or can get a policy for something like that amount ($100K may be the
minimum), you're covered.

--Max

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
>> But new organisations such as the Russian-based KrioRus
>> charge around $10,000 for just the head;
>

> I'd be interested in Max's impressions of KrioRus. $10k is getting into
> the realm of reality from my perspective, but if it has zero percent chance
> of working, then it's not worth it.
>
> -Kelly

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
http://www.amazon.com/Transhumanist-Reader-Contemporary-Technology-Philosophy/dp/1118334310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1372225570&sr=1-1&keywords=the+transhumanist+reader
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation