[ExI] Who wants to live forever? Maybe you can...

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 12:28:49 UTC 2013

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

  > Kelly Anderson wrote:

 >> I'm not entirely sure I want to experience the future in a big jump.
It's scary

 > No jump, expect to be sandboxed from reality for a while, until
you're ready.

That's one of the biggest problems with cryonics.  Just as we have no
practical way of telling if we live in a simulation now, anyone waking
from suspension will have no way of telling that they're /not/ in a
simulation.  That sandbox could be indefinite, and totally convincing.