[ExI] The Actual Visionary of the Future

Kevin G Haskell kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 06:54:37 UTC 2013

>As Anders Sandberg would say, science is about approximation. Well, so,
then, perhaps, is this, and perhaps not:

>I was once told by 'someone' here that having an Extropian Facebook Page
would be like
>drinking quality champagne from plastic glasses, but I always wondered,
>"why would such a great group of thinkers limit themselves to
>such an archaic system as a llstserv?
>I wondered why a group founded on the Extropian principles about
>'ever moving forward toward the future', would reject such an
>obviously superior system of exchange of ideas as FB provides, or Google+?
>I was told by a young, mindless liberal, who directed me here, that she
considered
>'this as one of the best libertarian of sites, one that actually "made
some sense sometimes,"
>but all others, she couldn't understand.
>Here's the thing.  Like on FB, the original Extropian,
libertarian-oriented ideals as expounded
>in words by Max More, but 'somehow' seemingly undermined, made me curious
about
>WTF happened.
>Then I figured it out.
>My young, mindless, leftwing friend (who, btw, wanted to replace the
present reigning H+ queen),
>didn't see much of an ideological difference.
>What did she see in herself, then, that was different?  Take a guess.
That's what you 'both' are fighting.
>It is a losing game unless you up it, and muscles,death boxes, and
advanced degrees
>aren't visionary, they are only stop-gaps to hold on.  That's fine, but
don't attack 'him' anymore.
>I've heard this group become overrun by negatarians, not optimists. So...

>My words, in deference to the #1 visionary of the future,  in that
'plastic' world 'you' denounced,were:

>"IN PRAISE OF MODERN HERO, RAY KURZWEILl:

>Not sure if I'm the first one to say this, but I am totally in love with
Ray Kurzweil as one human being to another, and hopefully in the soon-to-be
future, one >higher being to another.

>Yes, it's true!

>This man...I am just happy and privilaged to be alive in the same time
period that he is.

>This man, this great, great man, is one of the very few who drive humanity
forward fearlessly. He doesn't just do it with words, but by his
inventions, his >creativity, his goals, and his beautiful vision of the
future.

>Ray Kurzweil does not seed fear of future, but pushes forth optimism,
based on human history of progress, but he appeals to the non-violent
methods we've >used for most of our progress, not the minor amounts of
primitive, violent methods we've used.

>Ray Kurzweil sees the best in humanity, and more, which is what humanity
'will' become.

>Ray Kurzweil is the single most important futurist of our age, and
hopefully, that will mean for humanity, an everlasting, ever-growing
universal species that >humanity can become.

>Ray Kurweil is one off the few human beings who have a vision, not just
for the Earth, not just for humanity, but for the universe and beyond.

>Let the world raise it's glasses to the greatest living leader alive, and
to this date, possibly forever, modern humanity's modern hero, RAY
KURZWEIL!

>Again, TO RAY KURZWEIL!

Congratulations on your new book, but remember, there are young liberals
gunning for the same positions which you now hold, because you've ceded
you're cutting-edge selves.  This has also had an unfortunate effect on the
minds up the upcoming 'bright stars', at their loss, for you gain.

Again, if the numbers in science is about approximation,as Anders who say,
perhaps what I just wrote can be viewed the same way.  Perhaps not.

--
 * Tweet me on Twitter! - @*KevinGHaskell