[ExI] A Gedanken Rational Eugenics Experiment (AGREE)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 09:53:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM, rex <rex at nosyntax.net> wrote:

> Smart fraction theory:
>
> http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/sft.htm
> http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/sft2.htm
>
> All La Griffe du Lion's material:
>
> http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/
>
> Thoughts?

### 15 generations is way too long to matter... you want to get
results before the AI takeover rather than after.

Zygote selection is an already existing technology which, if widely
applied, could dramatically increase the smart fraction, even if the
below average would not participate. Generally, it's not realistic to
expect voluntary participation in an eugenics effort from stupid
people, and I am quite averse to any non-voluntary effort. However,
smart people are frequently quite obsessed withe the IQ of their
offspring (if they have any), and despite the current leftoid
anti-science animus, I would expect a lot of interest if a company
would offer zygote full sequencing and selection. If you could screen
about 50 zygotes (a big if but not fundamentally impossible) per
pregnancy, you could shift the average IQ of offspring by more than 1
SD. I am assuming here that 85% of the zygotes would be non-viable to
begin with, leaving about 6 to make the actual choice from. Since the
likely parental generation would have above average IQ, the filial
generation might be actually pretty smart. Unless the service was
banned, it could have some impact on national IQ even before human IQ
ceases to matter.

Rafal