[ExI] Oxford Martin Commission for Future Generations

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Oct 24 23:19:44 UTC 2013

Over here, the Oxford Martin Commission for Future Generations has just
launched its first report,
http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/commission
http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/commission/Oxford_Martin_Now_for_the_Long_Term.pdf

By our standards it is rather modest (and full of worthy platitudes),
but there seem to be some interesting ideas in there. In particular they
have looked at "Coalitions of the working" to overcome gridlocks on
global issues. There is also some potentially developable stuff about an
early warning platform for cyber-risks, WorldStat for getting good
global statistics, and sunset clauses for publicly-funded international
institutions.

We'll see how it turns out. Or whether some clever people just take the
ideas and run with them.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute