[ExI] The Actual Visionary of the Future

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 19:56:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> The unemployed can supply lower cost labor
> than they were before when more people were employed.

Unless there is an unreasonably high minimum wage. Then more will just be
automated.

> I can see myself doing something like that; we
> could have some fun with it.  Yes it will cost money.  If we have a
> believable plan that pencils out, investors will come.

But solar isn't yet economically viable for most applications. You have to
have government subsidies to get it going at this point most of the time. I
know you don't want that Spike.

> Sheesh they are doing this in GERMANY!

The government over there is doing it. Or rather paying for it.

> We yanks have more rooftop area per
> capita and way more sun than they do, and they can supply a cost model.
> They have the PV factories, so we hire the kraut engineers over here to
> help
> build our PV factories using our cheap labor.
>
> We can go from a discontented idler society to one in which most people are
> cheerfully working their asses off most of the time.
>
> This is what we mean by Practical Optimism.

I think a better plan is to open up more areas for energy exploration. Just
a thought. It's working in North Dakota and parts of Texas.

-Kelly