[ExI] How to build a happier brain

Mark Walker markalanwalker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:30:39 UTC 2013

Empirical studies suggest that the happy giants are more likely to have
characteristics that perfectionists advocate: more friendships, better
jobs, higher paying jobs, better marriages, better health, better grades,
and--at last to your example--more "prosocial behavior" (i.e., other
regarding virtues). To the ancient battle between hedonists and
perfectionists I say: false dilemma. Naturally, things are bit more complex
than this--this is the Reader's Digest version.

Dr. Mark Walker
Richard L. Hedden Chair of Advanced Philosophical Studies
Department of Philosophy
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3B
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001