[ExI] Inflation graph

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:41:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM, spike wrote:
> John, what I am saying is that these inflation numbers depend on what it is
> you are buying.  Prices for electronics and most manufactured goods have
> been falling for years, while fuel and food have been going up smartly.  So
> inflation is different for everyone.  The overall number is an average of
> sorts, rather arbitrarily derived.  For instance, should it include gold?  I
> haven’t bought any of that, don’t plan to.  Should it exclude food and fuel,
> when for many poorer people nearly all their available money goes for those
> two things?  Should it be weighted somehow?
>
> So inflation is arbitrary, and depends on what the consumer buys.  A number
> is derived arbitrarily to let the government decide how it will adjust its
> pensioners for cost of living, but if you have some foresight when you
> retire, your costs can actually decline even in inflationary times.  Housing
> around here is going up like crazy as foreign money is coming in and
> snapping up the available homes.  But I am not buying; I already own one.

You're right, Spike. The government inflation number is a big lie. As
is the unemployment number.
See: <http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts>

Consumer inflation should be nearer 10%. And Unemployment is approaching 25%.

The flood of money printing is going into very few hands. It is being
spent on luxury goods, mansions, Ferraris, yachts, etc. While the
majority of the population is suffering.

There are many attempts at explaining what is going on available on
the web. But unfortunately it is complicated. No easy sound-bite
solutions. The financiers are making so much money that it is not in
their interest for people to understand what they are doing.

This article is worth reading.
<http://www.goldmoney.com/en-gb/news-and-analysis/news-and-analysis-archive/the-adverse-effects-of-monetary-stimulation.aspx>

BillK