[ExI] How to build a happier brain

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 17:40:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Someone made a comment here about Teller being the inspiration for
> Kubric’s Dr. Strangelove.  The notion was that Teller must have been
> completely insane to promote the development of a hydrogen bomb, when the
> radioactive ash from the Uranium and Plutonium bombs had scarcely settled,
> but it occurred to me that he was not only sane, he was right.

So it would seem. In the Oppenheimer/ Teller confrontation my heart is with
Oppenheimer but my brain says Teller was right.
Percentage-wise between the years 1952 and 2013 fewer humans have killed
other humans than any other time in history. I don't think its a
coincidence those are also the years that the H-bomb has existed on this
planet.

Of course this happy situation could change dramatically in just one hour,
but only if somebody completely uninterested in logic took control of a
country with nuclear weapons, for example if one of the Tea Party members
who voted to default in 90 minutes were ever to become president. Can you
imagine what it would have been like if Ted Cruz (or even Lyndon Johnson)
had been president during the Cuban Missile Crisis?!  No, sorry, that's too
scary a thought to consider even on Halloween.

  John K Clark