[ExI] Inflation graph

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:39:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> As automation accumulates, the price of manufactured goods does decline.
> It doesn’t wreck an economy if prices decline.

I am not an economist, but if prices decline, you are better off holding
onto cash, rather than investing it. That is a recipie for disaster because
investment would stop, and the markets would lose their liquidity. That
would be a bad thing.

The price of technology going down isn't a problem because we always buy
the new stuff and the old stuff obsolesces fast. If we get off Moore
significantly, then old stuff is just about as good, and then we have a
problem because deflation means something even in the tech world then.

-Kelly