[ExI] How to make progress (was Re: Why do political and economic leaders deny Peak Oil and Climate Change?)

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Sep 9 18:50:44 UTC 2013

Il 07/09/2013 23:00, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 02:27:52PM -0600, Brent Allsop wrote:
>
>> Why is it that people are so willing to put so much time, effort and
>> pain on possibly critically important things like this, when there
>> are better ways to go about this and get something done. Sure, there
>> could be some existential threat out there, but if there is is this
>> the best way to go about it?
>
> A number of people are seeing a crtical problem ahead, yet the majority
> doesn't. In order to solve the problem it however requires the action of
> the majority. This thing is way too big for people, or municipalities.
> This is nation-state, nay, planet-scale.

This is Reabsorption Theology repackaged.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/1970/01/murray-n-rothbard/the-communist-religionist/

> It seems the best strategy now is to act ruthless, bold and selfish,
> and make your exit while you still can. The exit must involve building
> a mutually supportive rural community. This is an alien concept to
> many.

Indeed it is what the Hutterites did and do.
The current lot do it without violence, but the first lot used to
pillage others with different opinions.

> Here my fortune cookie ends. In case yours says something else,
> let's compare notes (please no discussions about how it's all
> unreal; because: nazis wear nice leather uniforms).

Nazism, also, is another form of Reabsorption Theology Repackaged in
Leather).
They just decided to kill all individuals and groups that stand against
or were not worth to be reabsorped (Jews, Gypsy, mentally disabled, and
so on).

Mirco