[ExI] How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Sep 11 09:18:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 04:00:07PM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> Yes, I understand EROI and all that jargon. I don't need another lecture

No, you don't. Because you haven't looked at the data, and the
data are telling you that what you think is true isn't.

I'm not saying that you, because you will not look at the data,
and if you will, you will choose to selectively interprete
it in a way that supports your position: we don't need to
do anything.

I'm saying that for the archives, in case somebody
else comes along, and as another data point for the digital
archeologists.

> from Eugen about it. And yes, there is the chance that Earth IS Easter

You do, but you've shown that you're knowledge-repellent. No point
in wasting my breath.

> Island and that we won't figure it out before we're all screwed. But I
> remain hopeful with all the hydrocarbons lying about.

The turkeys will remain hopeful until the very day of Thanksgiving.
Gobble-gobble.