[ExI] Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 13 10:44:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 04:56:34PM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>

> > Oceans will become marginal sources of food. Total food
> > production is already stalling due to multiple factors.
> > The bad old times of mass famines and starvation across
> > poor areas of the world are coming back with a vengeance.
> >

> Could you please argue with "facts" that are not able to be refuted with 30

You're having reading comprehension issues. Hint: Google is a poor
future trend extrapolator. It doesn't give you a nice plot of Earth
ecosystem's carrying capacity. If you rely on the past and
the current present to be a good predictor of the future, and
there is a different regime ahead, you will only get surprises
of the bad kind. Poor planning and short-term thinking is what
got us into this tight spot in the first place.

> seconds and Google?
> http://www.fao.org/hunger/en/
>
> Yes, there may be local areas currently having drought problems, but it's
> drought time somewhere nearly ALL THE TIME.

See, all is dandy, then. We don't have to do anything.
The future will be better than the past. Any famines will
be acts of God. Nobody could have anticipated them, couldn't they?