[ExI] Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:20:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013  Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

>I would like to point out that there won't be more and cheaper energy on
> this planet for the coming decades.

That is most certainly true if environmentalists have anything to say about
it!

>>  I had solar on my own roof. It was an utter failure.
>>

> > Just because it didn't work out for you it doesn't mean it doesn't work
> for anybody else. In fact, 23 GW effective peak send a quite loud message
> to anyone willing to hear it.
>

> http://cleantechnica.com/2013/07/07/breaking-germany-sets-solar-power-record-again-23-9-gw/

The loud message this sends is that governments can get people to build
anything no matter how ridiculous if the bribe to do so is big enough.
Germany has the highest electricity prices in Europe, partially because
they're shutting down their nuclear plants but mostly because 50% of the
average consumer's electric bill goes into subsidizing solar energy.  So
far the German consumer has been forced to subsidize the solar cell
industry to the tune of 100 billion euros (128 billion dollars). So what
did they get out of those 128 billions dollars worth of solar cells? They
reduced the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere enough that by the end of this
century they will have delayed global warming by about 23 hours.

Even the Germans are starting to get fed up with this nonsense and say they
will pull the plug on solar subsidies by 2018. If so then, unless there are
major technological breakthroughs, you can expect the solar industry to
crash in 2018.

  John K Clark