[ExI] FW: How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Sep 13 17:31:26 UTC 2013

Il 13/09/2013 13:42, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 05:36:00PM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
>> Does the oil drum going out of business mean anything to you Eugen? Does
>
> TOD was a business? In a sense it was, it lost the fight in
> the blog attention economy. Most of key content contributors moved
> on to greener pastures several years ago, so quality content
> flow eventually stopped.

There is a quality content contributor of TOD now working as astrologer
in San Francisco, IIRC.

Probably astrology pay better than Eco-catastrophism.
Probably because it is a personalized service.

> This sucks, because now we have to collect that information
> from multiple sites. I personally will be falling off the
> bus, because I don't have the resources for that. If a single
> stop shop successor emerges, I'll see you there.

I strongly doubt it. People have not enough time to worry about little
gremlins when they are not able to work enough to pay the heating bills.

>> capitalism picking it as a loser mean ANYTHING?

> Yes, it means that you're even more demented than I thought.

Capitalism is wrong when its choices do not conform with Eugene ideas.

> I doubt I can ever build a bridge over a reality gap
> that large.

So will you stay in Wonderland forever? or was Oz? maybe Neverland?

Mirco