[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 17:42:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> years.
>>>

> > 3/4 of the crust is below water, thus a bit harder to get to
>>

> So we will run out of Thorium in 1.5 billion years. The Earth will become
> uninhabitable in just 800 million years when the sun starts to run out of
> hydrogen and starts to get off the main sequence.

I would hope that in 800 million years we'd have thought of a way to reboot
the sun if/when necessary.

"Did you turn it off and turn it on again?"

Though that program might take 100 millions to start, so you know... we
have some time to do some feasibility studies and half a billion years to
fight about whether or not it's a good idea or if anyone will mind a few
bird-strikes.