[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:12:51 UTC 2013

On Sep 30, 2013 11:49 AM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013  Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>> > Second question, as this is a source of energy, what amount of
reserves have worthwhile EROEI?

> As president of IHAS I happen to know that "EROEI" stands for Energy
Return On Energy Invested, but I have to ask myself why would anybody use
such a obscure acronym? Is it because he expects all his readers to already
know what it means? I don't think so, I think it's an attempt to blind his
potential critics with bafflegab. By the way, "IHAS" stands for "I Hate
Acronyms Society".

To be fair, we've been using "EROEI" quite a bit on this list, so it's fair
to assume by now that most readers here are familiar with it.