[ExI] Climate models

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 14:25:24 UTC 2014

Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

 > "Keith Henson" <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
 >> Why is there a fascination for disaster futures?  This isn't new,
 >> there must be reasons rooted in our evolutionary past.

 > Because believing that it's hopeless, that there is nothing anyone
can do,
 > absolves them of all responsibility and guilt.

I think there's more to it than that.  Disasturbation has always been
popular, and seems even moreso these days.  I suspect that there's an
element of delight in it.  Especially if you think you're not going to
personally experience it.  I can't help thinking of mediaeval
descriptions of the blessed souls in heaven getting their jollies by
looking down on the damned in their eternal torture.

Ben Zaiboc