[ExI] enjoy your steaks!

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Apr 2 16:20:28 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] enjoy your steaks!

>...I think we probably all know this already (it's quite possible that
there is a higher proportion of palaeo types among transhumanists than among
the population as a whole)...Ben Zaiboc

Evolution is a powerful concept.  If people really understand it, the
results are better models and predictions in all areas, including health
notions.  Long ago I found that a high fat low calorie diet works extremely
well for me, before it had a name and before I discovered I was a 3 sigma
high on the Neanderthal gene content (3.2%, anyone higher?  Wanna have a
caveman contest?)

I like the whole paleo diet name.  I do suggest that people look into the
concept, follow the line of reasoning, think long and hard about the
conditions under which we evolved and our digestive systems adapted.  Then
eat the fat, but not too much of it, exercise, get out in the sun, swing
that bumpy club.  Oh we need to organize a Neanderthal picnic, that would be
a kick.