[ExI] enjoy your steaks!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:47:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> In some ways, I'm sure you are right. Leadership choices are always a
> tradeoff. I was, however, referring to employment. Hard to imagine he could
> have done worse in that particular.

Surely it was corporations and Wall Street that caused unemployment?

Once the corporations and bankers took over government the driving
force was to increase profits at all cost. Manufacturing in the US
stopped when it was vastly more profitable to buy in from abroad.

At first, savings and borrowing and cheap prices enabled the consumer
driven economy to continue. But now the money has run out.

The jobs will never come back as robots and computers are now set to
replace cheap foreign labour.

BillK