[ExI] BICEP2 and the Fermi paradox

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:00:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:10 PM, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> People in general and Congress in particular are extremely good at ignoring
> and denying facts.  "Logic resistant compartments" is an old term but a
> goodie.  We will never get rid of religion.  Trite but true:  people will
> believe what they want to believe. billw

True. And people have every right to believe whatever nonsense they
choose. And they often believe several contradictory things, which
rationality says should not be possible.

I would just institute a higher principle that says - No matter what
you believe or how strongly you believe it, you are still not allowed
to kill non-believers, using your belief as justification.

You must use other reasons like, I want their goods or property, or I
am really jealous of them. Then you have to face the real reason for
your killing, not pretend that you are on a holy crusade.

BillK