[ExI] AI motivation, was malevolent machines

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:37:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 5:00 AM,  Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Unless AIs interbreed with humans, or at least marry each other, this is
> likely to lead to a two tier system similar to apartheid. If we are going
> to have AI's seek status, then we better not shame them by disallowing them
> to marry into human families.

That's not an entirely new idea.  The protagonist in Heinlein's Friday
was an artificial person who married into families twice, once being a
disaster, once being long term stable.

The individual who "crossed over" into a high speed virtual reality
would not be different enough from an AI to prevent marriage.

I think the apartheid split will be more between those who upload into
a million fold faster world and those who stay behind at human
thinking speeds.

Keith