[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 127, Issue 18

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:42:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:00 AM,  "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> Ok think about these two sentences, how you would answer them.  Do offer a
> continuation please:
>
> We all know how things are today.  Things are going to get even worse
> because _____________ .
>
> We all know how things are today.  Things are going to get even better
> because _____________ .

It depends on where you are.  Are there prospects of the economy
getting better?  Has the region run into resource limits and more
population than can be sustained at the current technology level?

China is one of the places where things are getting better and likely
to get even better.  Egypt is one where things are likely to get
worse.  Syria descended into its current mess starting with a drought.

World wide, the situation would look a lot brighter if we can solve
the energy problem.  As you know, I work on this.
http://htyp.org/design_to_cost

Keith