[ExI] Death follows European contact (Mirco Romanato)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:14:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 12:01 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I have stayed out of this discussion, but the premise implied in the
> subject line vaguely implies that dead does not precede European contact.

Another myth is that the native Americans lived in ecological harmony with
the land, but just a few thousand years ago the megafauna in the Americas
was more spectacular than even what could be found in Africa, but it all
vanished almost immediately when humans moved in for the first time. The
native Australians and New Zealanders did the same thing with their
megafauna.

  John K Clark