[ExI] [GRG] Biomarkers and ageing: The clock-watcher (fwd)

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Apr 29 20:32:41 UTC 2014

----- Forwarded message from Pedro Fernandes <pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt> -----

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 10:00:15 +0100
From: Pedro Fernandes <pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt>
To: Gerontology Research Group <grg at lists.ucla.edu>, Paul Wakfer
	<paul at live120plus.com>
Cc: grg at lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: [GRG] Biomarkers and ageing: The clock-watcher

Very much so.

As you rightfully point out, blood samples do exist already, that can
enable a wide range assessment of the value of the biomarker-based
ageing rate estimates for a relatively low cost. Carefully chosen
cohorts will allow for statistical differences to emerge from the
data. Grouping data by Haplotype, lifestyle, diets, etc. can reveal
important hidden differences.

Pedro
--
Pedro Fernandes