[ExI] Dim vision of the future

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Aug 5 16:46:57 UTC 2014

BillK <pharos at gmail.com> , 5/8/2014 10:11 AM:
Quote:
So I agree with Robin Hanson. This is the dream time. ...-----

So I dream on for a while.................
No, we should learn lucid dreaming and kill Moloch. And then dream wonderful dreams.
Learning how to harness complex, adaptive, superintelligent systems seems to be a key goal, whether one thinks of them as markets, AGI, evolution or the development of civilizations. We need to learn what limits there are, how much things can be predicted, and find new intervention methods.

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University