[ExI] scifi search

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:45:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM, spike wrote:
> Recall a couple yrs ago or more, we had a discussion on something like this:
> a product that is to literature as Pandora is to music.  Another way to look
> at it is a more sophisticated version of Amazon's People who bought that
> also bought this.  The problem with Amazon's approach is that it doesn't
> differentiate between books you read for yourself and gifts for others.
>
> For instance, Amazon keeps recommending all these books on bizarre sexual
> practices.  All because of my generosity to friends you understand.  I buy
> them books, now Amazon thinks I am... like... you know...  them, those other guys,
> my... um... friends, who like that kind of thing.

You know, of course, that since the Snowdon NSA scandal broke there
has been a dramatic reduction in 'sensitive' Google searches? (Use
DuckDuckGo instead).

Here are two links to thousands of free ebooks.

<https://www.techsupportalert.com/free-ebooks-audio-books>
<http://www.freebooksifter.com/>

BillK