[ExI] Medical power of attorney for cryonicsts

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 18:34:39 UTC 2014

Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

 >If anybody has any comments, please do comment here, I intend to finalize
 >the PoA documents soon and advice is welcome: Do you think these
 >instructions are OK? Is there anything you would formulate differently or
 >add?

I do have comments.  Did a lawyer take money to draft this for you?

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if this has anything but the most trivial
legal force.  My understanding is that if the gubmint want you
autopsied, and you don't, you get autopsied, end of argument. After the
autopsy, your ruined brain can probably be handed over for cryonic
suspension.  And I thought that if your death is even the tiniest bit
suspicious, an autopsy is pretty much mandatory anyway.

I kind of doubt that government ownership of our bodies is something
that can be wished away in writing like this, not for a while yet, anyway.

I may be (I hope I am) wrong about all this, but my inner pessimist just
had to speak up.

Ben Zaiboc