[ExI] Stone age intuition was medical power of attorney

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:14:04 UTC 2014

Tara, what you describe is a trade-off between the number and quality of
children on one side and *other* (non-fitness related) goals on the other.
Almost every American makes a choice not to have children in order to enjoy
leisure, travel, and other luxuries. Almost every fertile American could
have one, two or three children easily, and 5-6 if they really tried. You
don't need a larger house, or even a larger car, you don't need to send all
kids to college, etc. etc.

Also, the success of a K strategy or the quality of offspring, is measured
in the fitness of the offspring. Spending 500,000 on educating a childless
PhD is not a K-selection, it's a mistake.

I have only one child, and yes, I know I could afford at least 5 more.

Rafał