[ExI] scurrilous commentary

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 17 19:26:58 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] scurrilous commentary

>>...OR they'd think it was by them. So it makes things worse...  David

>...So if you ever did write an actual scurrilous message, only you know for
sure it was you who wrote it...spike

One of these techniques I have been using for years: if you have Extropian
or H+ oriented friends at your house, have them write something to a public
forum under your name.  Just for fun, have them imitate your style, see if
they can get people to fall for it.  I had an ExI party at my house about 15
yrs ago, and we had a bunch of people doing that.  It was a hoot; we were
all imitating each other, logging on to ExI and inviting the others to post
in our style.  It was like hearing someone else impersonate you; great fun.

Years later, we have plausible deniability if something embarrassing comes
up like that Sex Lamas post that I didn't write.  Hmmm, OK bad example, I
did write that one, but  I was drunk.  Hmmm, actually I wasn't drinking at
all.  I was just in a playful mood.  But the point is, plenty of us here
have written posts we would disown later, and I can for the most part.  How
many of us wrote things right after the 9/11 attacks we later found out were
misguided and stupid?  Plenty of us did.