[ExI] More Advanced Extraterrestrials

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 16:28:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM, BillK wrote:
>> Their discussion is very wide-ranging and worth reading!
>

> No, it really isn't, having given it a glance.
>
> It's largely speculation far beyond what the data gives any backing for,
> plus fears that are easily dismissed if one is familiar with false
> dichotomies, specifically Pascal's Wager.

???  What else can there be but speculation?  There is no data for
extraterrestrials.

But they are smart folks, extrapolating from the little that we have.
That's why I like discussions like that. They bring up suggestions
that might be new to me and make me think. Nobody says you have to
agree with any particular speculation, but you may consider some to be
more likely than others.

BillK