[ExI] Anders on io9

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Feb 7 09:44:37 UTC 2014

John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> , 7/2/2014 7:34 AM:
There is a very talented young man by the name of Anders Sandberg, who wrote a fascinating "food for thought" piece about an alternative shape for the Earth, and how that would affect things...

http://io9.com/what-would-the-earth-be-like-if-it-was-the-shape-of-a-d-1515700296
Thanks for noticing. It was very fun to write and research. Unfortunately I failed at finding climate simulation code that could run in my toroidal geometry.
Currently I am making a math paper (besides the things I *should* work on, of course) about the statistics of mistyping numbers. Here is a hint: if you randomly change a digit in a number, does it become larger, smaller or stay roughly the same?

Anders Sandberg, Future of Humanity Institute Philosophy Faculty of Oxford University