[ExI] hard science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 02:30:51 UTC 2014

I am a psychologist who once was going to be a physicist but got
sidetracked by English, music and psychology.  Last physics course:  11th
grade (1959).  Did not even get to pre-cal.

So - I want some technical advice for my book, the Gardens of Eden.  I'll
handle their minds; their bodies have been improved to near perfection, so
the last thing needed is some tech advice:

Assume tens of thousands of years from now:  what kind of power will they
be using?  Will they still use wires for anything? I hate wires!  What do
you need to go wireless?  More wires.) Alternatives to circuit boards?

Assuming everything now known is digitized and so is everything from now to
then:  how big a sphere or cube would it take to hold all of man's digital
data?  Assuming some sort of storage in atoms/molecules/???

I will use anti-gravity and teleportation whether they are ever going to be
feasible or not.  It's fiction, right?
Everything else is up for grabs.

I handle the soft science, you predict some the hard science, just to throw
the hard scifi people a bone or two.  bill