[ExI] hard science

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Thu Feb 13 01:29:42 UTC 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:17 AM, Ben <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would assume that, in tens of thousands of years, 'everything is digitised' would include people, and they'd have forgotten long ago what it was like to be embodied in frail short-lived biological bodies.
>
> I'm afraid I can't take seriously any kind of long-term projection where people are still wandering around in meat ape-suits.

I don't see why. Amoebas are still wandering around in single-cell suits, despite being immensely older than 10,000 years, and despite the presence of our exalted selves.

Not everything old is extinct. Not everything new displaces what it replaces.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads