[ExI] hard science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 18:24:44 UTC 2014

OK Ben and Natasha and everyone:  if we are not going to be wearing ape
suits in the future, what will we be like?  In my book I consider the
possibility of little green men:  skin able to convert sunlight to energy,
smallness because it's far more efficient, no digestive tract and its
disgusting products.

And if babies are made by machines, then breasts and penises and all the
rest of our sex equipment are unnecessary.  Producing the highs of all
types, orgasms, drugs, peak experiences should be fairly easy long before
the far future without  relying on sense organs.

We will no longer be human, but does that matter?  If, in fact, the best
way to go about improvement is to add chromosomes, then we will be a
different species, defined simply as being unable to reproduce with 46
chromosome humans.

I am comfortable with not being human, but I think I'd like to keep the ape
suit as long as the mental and physical diseases and disabilities are
gone.  (OK, maybe put the balls inside like women, and maybe a retractable
penis).

And all of this may be doable just with a brain in a jar, but I don't think
I'd opt for that existence even to save my life, even if I might not know
the difference.   Yeah, I know - that makes no sense at all.  bill