[ExI] The meaning of life (in transhumanism)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:14:34 UTC 2014

``So another meaning of transhumanist life is to create something wiser
> than homo sapiens.``
>
> That`s called religion.

Something based on superstition and bigotry ('only our god is the right
one') is wise?  Beg to differ.

 Science exists, homo sapiens can only learn what they have been taught.

And what they have discovered for themselves, among which is that religion
is no better and often worse than no religion.

Now philosophy, particularly moral philosophy, is the key to wisdom beyond
science. And I would add my own field, psychology, because it is only when
we can fully understand humans that we can transcend.