[ExI] Transhumanist activists do a public protest!

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 08:42:00 UTC 2014

I look forward to seeing to what extent this grows and develops!  But I'm
just not too thrilled about signs that read "immortality now," because that
can get us branded as not worthy of being taken seriously.  I would prefer
"radical life extension now," or something akin to that declaration.

"Activists Turchin Alexei, Jason Xu, and Michael Anisimov occupied the
large green Android 'bot, holding up signs saying, "Immortality now," "Viva
Calico," and "Google, please, solve Death." Ten minutes into the action,
however, campus security confronted the activists and asked them to leave
the premises, stating they couldn't protest on the private grounds. So they
packed up their things and politely conceded by leaving."

http://proactiontranshuman.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/first-ever-street-action-for-transhumanism-in-the-united-states/

John  : )