[ExI] The second step towards immortality

Alex Blainey ablainey at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 13:30:38 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik at 250bpm.com>

>Hi,
>
>I've written a short article about how to get closer to immortality by
>perpetuating your will beyond the point of your death.
>
>I believe it's a novel idea. At least, it's using Bitcoin gears under
>the hood so it could not possibly be around before 2009 or so.
>
>Furthermore, unlike most of the immortality talk, it is immediately
>actionable.
>
>Here's the link:
>
>http://250bpm.com/blog:34

>I hope it will be of interest to this list.
>
>Happy new year 2014!
>Martin

hmm'kay. As many have already said this is not far from the concept of a foundation and something ive personally thought about, but with the more British version of a Trust.
 I came at the idea from a different angle, that of immortality through resurrection where the rights of the living, now dead person are protected or rather replaced by fiduciary obligation of the trust.
In simple terms the model is something like, The person prior to death
gives dna samples to be held on record and protected so they came be
recreated through cloning (if needed).
They also go through a process I call the
"big quiz". Which is basically a way to assertain their personal
knowledge of everything. Just a huge multi thousand question general
knowledge quiz, combined with standard education exams.
Then there is psychometric testing to get a framework of their psychological traits etc.
Finally they kick the bucket and Alchor puts them on Ice.

That should be quite a decent way to protect what amounts to everything that
 person is. The nature is in the DNA, the uniquely developed biology is
in the frozen body and the basic framework/limits of the mind are in the
 test results. You can also add in any personal works, online presence here.
The fiduciary Trust is created and invested funds (from the person's estate) used to protect that
organic material and personal data. The main aim of the trust is to
apply future technology to resurrect the person from those materials, when finally possible.

The problem with using someones online data as the foundation is that it
never amounts to anything more than a persona or whole bunch of them
with some shared character traits. My Extropian persona is nothing like
my facebook, or other venues. Anyone trying to recreate me from them
would have nothing like my real self.