[ExI] The second step towards immortality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:52:26 UTC 2014

On Jan 3, 2014 12:45 AM, "Martin Sustrik" <sustrik at 250bpm.com> wrote:
> I see, you mean reverse-engeneering the decryption algo. As already
> said, rigrous crypto analysis would be needed, but my gut feeling is
> that reverse-engineering shouldn't be possible.

In the abstract, without hardware access to the code, perhaps.  The problem
is the vulnerability comes from an aspect of the solution outside the
crypto itself, and your gut has blinded itself to all factors outside the
crypto part.

> In any case, I believe that we have drifted too far away from the
> original topic and this discussion would fit better to some
> crypto-related mailing list.

Eh.  Not really: the issues of how exactly you'd implement something like
this, and whether certain approaches are in fact impossible due to certain
details, are on topic.

The concept of an automated foundation is an interesting one, and perhaps a
step toward how sentient AIs might gain a path to legal personhood once
they exist.  Though a simple program such as most programmers could make
today, and as your article described, is by no means sentient or anywhere
near personal immortality.